Our plastic tortoise setup is a popular starter kit for a wide variety of species. It is most suitable for Mediterranean species, for example Horsfield Tortoises, Hermann’s Tortoises or Spur-Thighed Tortoises and is suitable for a single tortoise for up to three or four years. Check out what species of Tortoise we currently have in stock, and don’t hesitate to drop us an email, Facebook message or call (02920 190291) if you want any advice on ordering in other species, on this setup or any aspect of tortoise care.
Some of the benefits of this tortoise setup include:
- Hard plastic enclosure which is easy to disinfect and wash.
- Deep base allowing for burrowing in a natural mix.
- Plastic does not get mouldy and is not affected negatively by humidity or damp substrate.
- Lightweight, easy to move location and to remove the electrics to place in the garden.
- Wired tops allow for excellent air flow, as well as protection from pets or children.
Bronze – £190
This setup comes with the basics that you need, including substrate and a shallow feed dish to use for water. It does not come with any night time heating so is only suitable for warm rooms indoors. If you don’t have your heating turned on to at least 18c throughout the winter, you’ll need to upgrade to the silver package which comes with night time heating. You can use this night time heating even in a warm room as it’ll be controlled by a thermostat
- 39 x 20″ Indoor Cage with Plastic Base
- Arcadia Pro T5 UVB 24w (or equivalent product) – All in one unit containing UVB, Controller and reflector.
- Drop down light fitting
- 75w Basking Spot Bulb
- Large Log Roll
- 2 Bags of Tortoise Bedding substrate
- Analogue Thermometer
- Large Feed Dish
- Reptavite Multivitamin Powder 40g
- Cuttlefish Bone
Silver – £260
All of the above plus night time heating which can be used all year around. The thermostat will automatically control the temperatures and means that it won’t be used if the temperature doesn’t drop below the desired temperature. Buying this at the same time as the setup rather than upgrading later offers a significant saving. Buying these items separately will cost £100.
- Arcadia Clamp Lamp
- 100w Ceramic Heater Bulb
- HabiStat Mat Stat Thermostat
There is £10 assembly fee for this item. You might also want to consider our Wooden Tortoise Table Setup.