This setup is designed to meet the needs of the South American Red Foot Tortoise. It is not designed for Mediterranean tortoises such as Horsfield’s and Hermann’s, instead, you should consider our Tortoise Table setup if you’re looking for a starter setup for Mediterranean Species. Red Foot Tortoises come from the stagnant floor of the South American rainforest and need higher temperature, humidity and lower ventilation than Mediterranean species, which is why a vivarium setup is most suitable for them.
48x24x24″ Red Foot Tortoise Setup – £359
This setup comes with all the equipment you need for your Red Foot Tortoise. The ceramic bulb will be left on 24 hours a day on a day / night thermostat, allowing you to have a higher temperature set for the daytime than in the night time. You light is provided by UVB which is turned off at night. The UVB percentage is lower than you might expect, this is because at the bottom of the dense rainforest floor, a lot of UV rays are filtered, so Red Foot Tortoises have quite low UVB requirements, but it is still critical that they have the correct amount. It comes with a shallow feed and water dish, specially designed to allow tortoises safe access, as well as cork bark and a log roll for you to create multiple hiding places around the enclosure.
- 48 x 24 x 24″ Vivarium (in Oak or Black)
- Ceramic Bracket Fitting
- 100w Ceramic Heat Bulb
- Habistat Digital Temperature Thermostat with Day / Night Feature
- Arcadia Pro T5 UVB Kit (39w) 6% Strength
- Digital Thermometer
- Analogue Hygrometer
- Tortoise Feed Dish Small
- Tortoise Pool Medium
- Log Roll
- Large Curved Cork Bark (1kg)
- 3 bags of Orchid Bark Substrate
- Optional – Assembly and wiring included for local customers (7 days notice required)
- Optional – Free Delivery within Cardiff, Barry and Penarth included for local customers (7 days notice required)
- Additional Cost – Delivery within 100 miles available based on postcode.
With two thermostats, night time heating, daytime heating and UVB, this setup provides accurate temperatures and the very best of current husbandry.