Snake mites are a pest that a lot of reptile keepers will experience at some time in their lives. It is important to immediately evaluate and treat any reptile that has mites, to avoid the mites spreading and affecting the health of the snake. Callington Mite Spray is a reptile enclosure insecticide which can effectively kill and control mites. It has a low toxicity and designed to be safe for reptiles, but there are some species of snake that are more susceptible to chemicals than others and it’s critically important that you carefully follow the instructions on the bottle.
RRP £26.60 – Our Price £19.99 – Saving £6.61!
Instructions provided by Callington Mite Spray:
- Remove food and the water bowl from the enclosure before application
- Leave the snake in the enclosure
- Apply a 4-5 second spray for an enclosure 50 cm x 100 cm. For larger enclosures, spray for longer
- Do not rinse the enclosure or the snake after spray
- Replace the water bowl after 24 hours. This will avoid the snake soaking and reducing the effectiveness of treatment.
- Can be used directly on snake. Spray from a distance of 30 cm avoiding the eyes.
- Repeat treatment every 7 days until mites are eradicated.
Tips to ensure a safe and effective mite treatment:
- After treating the reptile and the enclosure, spray a line around the enclosure to create a barrier
- Frequently (every day or two) spray around the enclosure to keep the barrier working during treatment
- Suggest use paper as bedding during treatment so that changing the bedding is easier
- Do not wait to treat mites as they are the no.1 killers of reptiles
- Spray the enclosure surrounding area as well