What we require from you
When you purchase an animal from us we will perform some checks. This is for the welfare of our animals, and to meet our licensing requirements. We will require:
- Identification if we believe you are under 18. You must be 18 to purchase an animal from us.
- Information about the setup you have already if not purchasing a setup from us. We reserve the right to refuse a sale if we are not comfortable with the information you provide. To avoid this happening, please bring a photograph of the setup with you if possible, along with the full dimensions (length, depth and height), the heating, the heating control and the lighting (both basking and UVB). In the case of UVB please check the % of the UVB and the date it was first used if it is not new.
- We will chat to you about the needs of the animal and need to be confident that you fully understand all of the animals requirements, including housing, heating, lighting, diet and so on.
- Your full home address and telephone number. This is kept securely by us and will only be passed on to the animal health department of Cardiff Council if required to trace disease or if we later discover there is a health problem and need to contact you, for example. This will not be used for any other purpose and will not be passed on to other third parties. If you are not willing to provide this we unfortunately cannot sell you an animal as it is required by the local council that we keep these records for animal health.
Our Policy to you
Here at Reptile Cymru we provide high quality animals and we are confident of our customer’s satisfaction. However, in the unlikely event of a problem with the animal within the first seven days after purchase, please refer to this policy.
- All our animals are guaranteed as healthy, feeding, and as stated when sold.
- Sometimes it is not possible to be 100% accurate about things such as origin of species or sex of the animal.
- If your animal is found to be unhealthy or injured within 7 days of purchasing please return to the shop for advice. You will be offered an exchange where possible on production of a receipt. If it is not possible for us to give you an equivalent exchange we will provide a refund.
- Should the animal for any reason die in those 7 days please preserve the body and bring it with you, so we can quarantine other animals if required and ascertain the cause of death. You will be issued a full refund or exchange on production of receipt.
- All animals will be sold with a full care sheet where available, and copy of this livestock policy.
- You are entitled to free after care and advice for an unlimited period of time. Do not hesitate to contact us!
- We do not offer refunds if you changed your mind but we will rehome the animal.
- We will not accept responsibility for damage done in your care. Please read the caresheets carefully! We may ask in depth questions about the enclosure of your animal, temperatures, humidity levels, and other animals in your household.
If you require any help or advice at any time on any reptile, do not hesitate to contact us, regardless of whether the animal was purchased from our shop.
Please remember however that we are a pet shop and not trained medical professionals. In an emergency please contact a veterinarian.